Παρασκευή 24 Αυγούστου 2012

wizards


I know I ain't smart but so what.
I know even though I got a fancy title like "sous chef" and an even fancier paycheck it don't mean shit.
I am learning a lot from Alex right now about the health benefits of oregano, about stuffing goat's cheece into squid and decorating it with basil leaves. He is teaching me to pay attention to detail.
   he says we are not mere cooks, we are wizards who create magic potions of happiness.
   people eat food everyday, they eat food at their homes, at the tacky fast food restaurants they go on their lunch breaks, at their family gatherings on sunday afternoons.
   they eat vulgar food drowned in salt and cheap mustard and barbeque sauce.
   for once in their lives by luck or destiny they come on our ship. they get the rare privilege to taste our magic potions and if the stars are positioned right and the moon is an giddy mood and the gods are feeling benevolent that one random person from Hackensack New Jersey or Akron Ohio mesmerised by our potions will go on to discover the cure for cancer, or ice-cream that doesn't make people fat or extraterrestrials will be impressed by his augmented intelligence and will finally come in contact with humans.
   that's how the book of life is written, Alex says.
   that is his favorite expression. the book of life.
everytime he comes up with a crazy story about us being able to tap into the collective spring of creativity it' s always written in the book of life.
it' s written on the bottom of his ouzo bottle if you ask me.
  anyway, I wanted to tell you how he almost fired me this morning for oversleeping and missing the breakfast prep, but this story will have to wait.
                                                                       until tomorrow
                                                      love love love for my MJ.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου