Πέμπτη 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

history



I used to think falling in love was the racist behavior of a fool who thinks that one woman is better than all other women.
until I met Mary Jane.
I don't think she is better than all other women.
just smarter and more beautiful.
she also has the best sence of humor and is kind enough to laugh with my stupid jokes.
February 14 2013. the historic date that MJ confided over the phone that today she misses me a little.
"just a little is enough" was my joyous reply. it's the nicest thing she's ever said to me (apart from that other nicest thing she told me in the Fall of 2012. she made me swear we would never discuss it, thus we won't).
after our conversation was over as the fool I have become I kissed the phone that brought me her voice. the damn phone for cryin' out loud.
the guys that were on deck fixing a rusted bollard looked at me with disdain, or was it envy?
now I'm sitting in my cabin. as Elvis Costello sings "I'm not going to get too sentimental like those other sticky valentines" I write these words:

only three scientific facts I'm aware of
A. the earth is round. somewhat
B. laughter will keep you young. and healthy
C. love will take you higher.
love.
everyday.

as for today's celebration it is a fine excuse to share chocolate with someone who has taken you higher and that makes it ok.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου